Ok. It isn’t quite head to tail but it gives you some animal parts you might not otherwise get. Many ingredients are shown as optional. Add whatever you like.
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 packet of Knox gelatin
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 grated carrot (optional)
- 2 stalk of celery, minced (optional)
- 1 onion, minced (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper (optional)
- Salt, pepper, herbs, spices to taste
- Some tomato sauce or ketchup (optional)
- Tamari (1 or 2 tablespoons, optional)
- A bit of chopped liver? (Optional. I do not use.)
- Preheat oven to about 375.
- Mix tomato product, tamari and eggs.
- Sprinkle on gelatin. Let sit.
- Saute onion, celery and bell pepper lightly in oil.
- Mix everything together.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Form meat mixture into two loaves and place in pan.
- Top with ketchup (optional).
- Bake for about an hour (or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees).